About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Holly Searle is a writer and an artist who was made in Soho and thereafter born in the heart of London. She has been blessed with two quite remarkable children and grandchildren whom she adores. She enjoys the company of her friends and the circus that is life, has a degree in Film and Television, and has exhibited her artwork in several exhibition.

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Je Suis Holly By Holly Searle




When I started this blog, I did so as it afforded me a space in which to express my views and feelings about anything and everything.

There was no agenda attached to it other than that.

Sometimes the things that I write about, are met with positive feedback. At other times, however, on a few occasions the piece I have crafted has been met with a negative response.

To receive positive feedback, always makes me blush mentally. And I would be a liar, if I told you that my ego isn't glad to be in receipt of it.

In its most simplistic form, positive feedback raises my soul to an indescribable level of ecstasy, and transports it into the stratosphere before propelling it into outer-space.

There is no other high like it.

The latter, the negative, is harder to accept. It can send you crashing to Earth with a atomic force that only Oppenheimer could be held responsible for. But by the same token, this is fine with me, as everyone is a critic and as such, just like me, they are more than welcome to express their views.

When you write and set your thoughts free on a public soapbox, you have to be aware that both of these responses are possible.

That is my right, as it is yours to say what you think.

But, you also have to be mindful.

I am blessed that (and I hate to draw the gender card from the deck), to be a women who lives and functions in a democracy, that enables me to do so.

However, the world is a odd place. It is made up of all sorts of people, men and women, who all harbour a variety of different beliefs and opinions.

Some I agree with, and some that I do not.

And as long as we have this pix and mix of humanity, we will have disgruntled individuals who will be more focused on the fact that their beliefs and opinions are more important and valid than anybody else’s. It is just the way of the world that is inhabited with far too many humans, all shouting the odds about this and that.

Quite frankly, if that is your bag, and you feel that passionate about carrying it around with you like an all consuming albatross, carry on. That is your choice, not mine.

However, as the comedian Bill Hicks once said half the world is shouting revolution, while the other half are shouting evolution.

I adore that quote as it sums up and encapsulates all that is is problematic with the world.

But that's just an opinion I have shared with Bill for the longest time, and one I will always stand by with conviction.

But the biggest issue that we face as a global populace is the ever decreasing circle that is created by actions speaking louder than words, with words speaking louder than actions.

Which is right and which is wrong I wonder?

And aren't both of those inherent in the DNA structure of every political leader that has ever been?

Well maybe not Gandhi, as he would have advised you to take the stance of non-violent civil disobedience when attempting to get your point across.

Sadly the same wasn't demonstrated by his assassin.

But, like I say, just like Gandhi did, that is just the way that I see it.

And just to have my say, because I can, I would say that the world is a worse place because of the extreme use of both words and actions, resulting in a series of devastating events.

The biggest casualties are those who bare witness to the consequences of these words and actions, and the changes that they bring.

And that my lovely friends is the stain that you and I have been tainted with.

There is no glue to fix that. And as long as our insignificant little planet is inhabited by humans with the ability to demonstrate their actions and voice their opinions in what the majority consider an inappropriate manner, we will all just have to stand by and bare witness to it.

Me. I choose to try and consider all aspects, and then draw my own conclusion and then act in an appropriate and considered and respectful way.

In the end anger solves nothing other than creating more needless anger that frustrates people.

If I have any words of wisdom to offer you, they would be, to just throw that frustration out with the rubbish, and replace it with a kinder mindful thought process, and act upon that on a daily basis.

Sometimes it feels like a David and Goliath struggle.

But if we all start giving a little more positive feedback for all the good that happens in the world instead.

Well then. The sky's the limit.

But like I said, for what it is worth, that is just my opinion, and you have yours.


No comments: